Friday, June 12, 2009

Proof Copy In Hand!!

My first proof copy of Family Secrets arrived in the mail the other day! I say ‘first’ proof copy because I’m sure I’ll find a treasure trove of typos. That means I’ll have to correct them and then get another proof copy. It’s all progress, though, and it’s very exciting.

When the proof copy arrived, I took it out of the package and I was a little overwhelmed. It looks exactly like a real book. My daughter just rolled her eyes when I said that out loud. It’s a wonder her eyes haven’t fallen out of her head by now. She rolls them a lot.

At any rate, I hope to have the proofreading finished in the next few days. When I return from my business trip to San Francisco, proof copy number two should be waiting for me. Maybe I’ll get it even sooner so that I can review it on the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment